|Instant yeast||1 package ( 2 1/2 teaspoon)|
|All purpose flour(unbleached)||3 1/2 cup|
|Salt||1 1/2 teaspoon|
|Milk Powder||2 tablespoon|
|Butter softened||6 tablespoon|
- In a large bowl combine the flour, salt, powdered milk, and sugar.
- Add the yeast, water, and eggs and mix until ingredients are combined.
- Add the softened butter and mix.
- knead it untill it become soft,Place the dough in a greased bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and allow the dough to rise until doubled in size approximately 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Now take the dough knead it again and cover it again, and place it in the refrigerator overnight.
- In a lightly floured counter top, roll out dough into 14 inch thick.
- Spread the cream pastry over the dough, put some raisins over the cream. For pastry cream click here
- Roll the dough, slice the roll into pieces about 1 inch thick.
- Lay the pieces on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- Make sure to leave enough space in between so they will not stick together.
- Put it in warm place for 1 hour, they are double in volume
- Preheat oven to 400 f.
- Brush each pieces with egg wash.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Immediately after removing from the oven, paint then with a light sugar glaze:
|Vanilla extract||1/8 teaspoon|