- Milk powder - 1 cup
- All purpose flour - 1/4 cup
- Butter (meleted) - 3 tbps
- Cardamom powder - 1 tsp
- Baking soda - pinch
- Whole milk - 1/4 cup
For the sugar syrup
- Sugar - 1 3/4 cup
- W ater - 1 1/2cups
- Oil for frying
- Make the dough by combining the milk powder,all purpose flour, baking soda and butter . Add just enough whole milk to make a medium, hard dough.
- Divide the dough into 20-25 portions.
- Make balls by gently rolling into a smooth ball.
- Place the balls on a plate. Cover with dry kitchen towel.
- Heat the oil in a large and deep pan.
- Put the balls into the hot oil from the side of the pan ,One by one.
- After about 5 minutes, the balls will rise to the surface.
- Make sure the ball is browning on all sides.
- The balls must be fried very slowly under medium temperatures.
Preparing Sugar syrup for Gulab Jamun
- The syrup should be made earlier and keep warm.
- To make the hot sugar syrup add mix the 1 3/4 cups of sugar and 1 1/2 cups of water.
- Add cardamom powder, add mix with a spoon and then heat at medium heat for 10-12 minutes, until sugar is dissolved.
- Make sure the syrup is in correct consistency.
- Add the fried gulab jamuns directly into the warm syrup.
- Leave gulab jamun balls in sugar syrup overnight for the best results.