- Chana dhal- 1/2cup
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Jaggery - 1/2 cup
- Salt - as needed
- Raw rice - 3 cup
- Urad dal -1 cup
- Cardamom powder - 1 tsp
Method for making filling:
- wash chana dhal and soak it in 2 cup of water for 1 hour.
- Then cook it in the pressure cooker.
- The dhal should be whole but mashable.
- After the dhal is cooked , remove exess water from the dhal take only dhal.
- Heat a pan and add the dhal paste and sugar or jaggery and cook further till they blend and form a lump such that you can prepare small balls for stuffing.
- Keep stirring on low fire so that it doesnt burn.
- Then add cardamom powder,Prepare small lemon sized balls..
- Soak the rice and urad dhal for 2 hours and grind it.
- Add salt and mix well.
- Oil for deep frying.
- Dip prepared gram balls in the batter.
- Then slowly excess batter off and gently slide into hot oil.
- Deep fry for couple of minutes until golden.
- Serve hot.