- Tamarind - small lemon size
- Dry red chillies - 2 to 3
- Rice - 1 cup
- Hing - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - as required
- Sesame oil (Til oil) for seasoning
- Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
Fry and powder:
- Dry Red chillies - 2 to 4
- Coriander seeds - 2 tbsp
- Methi seeds - 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Urad dal - 1 tsp
- Chana dal - 1 tsp
- Curry leaves - few
- Hing - 1/4 tsp
- Cook the Rice and keep it separately. The grains should be separate and not sticky.
- Roast the items for the pulikachal and powder them and keep aside.
- Soak the little more than big sized lemon of tamarind in hot water.
- Make a thick tamarind extract by mixing the tamarind nicely in water.
- Now take a kadai pour 3 1/2 Tblsps of Sesame oil and put all the seasoning items and then pour the thick tamarind extract on top of the seasoning. Add salt, turmeric powder,hing and mix nicely.
- When the mixture starts boiling, halfway through add the powdered items and mix nicely.
- Now let the mixture boil and keep on stirring off and on.
- Cook till the mixture becomes of very thick consistenc.
- After the mixture is thick remove from fire.
- When the mixture becomes a little cool, take a bowl add the cooked rice and start mixing with the pulikachal.
- Mix nicely.