For the filling:
- Channa dhal- 1cups
- Jaggery or sugar - 1cups
- cardamom powder - 1/2 tsp
- All purpose flour- 2 cups
- Turmeric powder a pinch
- Salt 1/4 teaspoon
- oil - 2 tsp
- water - as needed
- wash chana dhal and soak it in 2 cup of water for 1 hour.
- Then cook it in the pressure cooker.
- The dhal should be whole but mashable.
- After the dhal is cooked , remove exess water from the dhal take only dhal.
- Heat a pan and add the dhal paste and sugar or jaggery and cook further till they blend and form a lump such that you can prepare small balls for stuffing.
- Keep stirring on low fire so that it doesnt burn.
- Then add cardamom powder,Prepare small lemon sized balls.
- Mix all purpose flour, salt and turmeric powder and make a soft dough using water little by little.
- Allow the dought rest for 1/2 an hour.
- The dought should be very soft and sticky.
- Divide the dough into equal portions.
- Clean and flour a rolling surface. Take one ball of dough and flatten it with your fingers.
- Now keep the lemon size chana dhal ball in the middle of the dough.
- Fold the edges of the circle over the paste and pinch together to seal.
- Flatten this new ball gently with your fingers and use a rolling pin and gentllye.
- Heat pan roast both sides till brown spots appear.
- Serve it hot with butter or ghee.