- Ulutham paruppu-3/4 cup
- Big onion –1
- Green chillies-2 nos.
- Ginger-1 inch
- Coriander leaves -few
- Curry leaves-A sprig.
- Asafetida 3-4 pinches.
- Salt-As needed.
- Water- as needed.
- Soak urad dal for 1 hour at least.
- Grind urad dal with only little water till fluffy.
- Now chop onions,ginger,green chillies,coriander and curry leaves.
- Add all these to the batter along with salt and asafetida.
- Now mix well,keep aside and heat enough oil in kadai.
- Now wet your right hand well and make a small ball and use ur thumb to make hole in the middle and drop it in oil.
- Fry in medium flame,turn the vadais and fry till both the sides turn crisp and golden brown.
- Serve hot with sambhar/coconut chutney.