- Raw rice- 1 cup
- Mung dal-1/2 cup
- Water-2 1/2 cup
- Cumin seeds- 1tsp
- Asafoetida powder-1/2 tsp
- Pepper corns-2 tsp
- Ghee-2 tsp
- Ginger-1 small piece
- Cashewnuts broken-5
- Curry leaves-few
- Wash 1 cup raw rice and 1/2 cup mung dal.
- Add 2 1/2 water cups , salt, a pinch of cumin seeds and cook in pressure cooker for 1 whistle.
- Then reduce flame & cook for a further 10mins. Remove from stove, add 1/2 tsp. asafoetida powder, mix well and set aside.
- Heat 1 tsp. oil and 2 tsp. ghee in a pan, and splutter 1tsp. cumin seeds, 2 tsp. pepper corns, 1 small piece of giner [finely grated], 5 cashewnuts broken and a few curry leaves.
- Add this seasoning to the cooked rice, mix well and serve hot.