- Rice flour - 1 cup
- Water - 1 1/4 cup
- brown suger - 1cup
- Salt - a Pinch
- Heat the rice flour in a dry skillet until lightly toasted
- Then spread it out on a tray or table top to cool.
- Sprinkle a little water on it and add the salt, jaggery .
- Mix together, adding water only as needed.
- When it is well kneaded and firm, pinch the dough off into as many lime-sized balls as it will make.
- Roll into balls, or squeeze in the right hand to create a fist-shaped kolukattai.
- Bring water in the steamer to a boil and arrange the kolukattais in it the idly pan.
- Steam until the balls are a light brown in color.