Chicken- 4 leg piece
Basamti Rice - 2 cup
Tomato – 3 medium size (finely chopped)
Onion – 2 (finely chopped)
Green Chillies – 4 (cut it lengthwise)
Chopped Mint Leaves – one handful
Chopped Coriander Leaves – 3 tbsp
Coriander Powder – 1 tbsp
Chilli Powder – 1 tbsp
Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
Ginger Garlic Paste – 3 tbsp
Coconut milk- 1 cup
Cloves – 4
Cinnamon – 4
Bay Leaf – 4
Cardamom – 3
Aniseeds – 1 tbsp
Salt – to taste
Ghee – 3 tbsp
Masala to marinate:
Chilli powder-½ teaspoon
Cumin powder-½ teaspoon
Coriander powder-1 teaspoon
Finely chopped cilantro and mint
Ginger garlic paste- 1teaspoon
- Wash and clean the chicken. Marinate the chicken with given masala (AS MENTOINED ABOVE) and keep in the refrigerator for an hour.
- Soak the rice for 1/2 hour.
- In a heavy bottom vessel heat the oil and add the whole spices, then add the onion and saute until golden brown.
- To this add the ginger garlic paste and saute for about a minute.
- Add the green chillies,tomatoes.
- Saute this well until the raw smell goes and add marinated chicken.
- Saute untill oil starts to separate.
- In the mean time wash the soaked rice and drain all the water completely.
- In a pan add little butter or oil saute it with rice for a min.
- Then add 1 cup of coconut milk and 2 1/2 cup of water.
- Let it come to boil, then add the sauted rice and close the lid.
- keep in medium flame for 10 min. [Tips : To get the rice cooked in correct consistent way, cook for only 10 min or do not leave the rice to cook beyond first pressure whistle. ]
- Serve hot..