- Chick peas (kabuli chana)-1 cup
- Green chilli-1
- Ginger-an inch
- Bay leaves-2-3
- Red chilli powder-1 tsp.
- Turmeric Powder-1/2 tsp.
- Coriander powder-1 tsp.
- Garam Masala Powder-1 tsp.
- Vegetable oil-3 tbsp.
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Soak chick peas in water for overnight.
- Pressure cook the chick peas
- Cut onion, tomato and green chilli. Grind it in mixie along with ginger and garlic and make paste.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry bay leaves for 30 secs. Add the paste and fry on medium heat until golden brown (The oil starts separating from the mixture).
- Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala and salt. Mix well. Fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add water enough to make thick gravy. Bring the gravy to boil.
- Add cooked chick peas ,Stir well and cook over medium heat for 5-7 minutes.
Garnish with chopped green coriander leaves and serve hot.